No announcement yet.

Lower end Ovation`s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be in touch Donald. Looking at June sometime. Wanna go to AC too...
    I'll take a Friday off and drive down and spend the weekend. Let me know what's good for you...
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I have a late 80s full body Celebrity, that I would put up against any Ovation. Now that being said, I played a store full before I bought the one I have. You'll have to look but there are some good ones out there.

But Don is right, some left me feeling like there was nothing to them. I really don't care to much for the newer thin bodied guitars.

Here's a pic.

Comment

I have a low end Celeb and it is pretty nice. I think the key is always to go find a few and play them. Duck tape is a good idea too... lol. They do tend to slide.

Comment

Listen..its like any Acoustic... play a dozen, and you will find one GEM!
          I played about 8 of them at Sam Ash..(all under $290) and found
          one cherry red Applause that sounded, and played almost as nice as
          my USA Elite SSB! This one left with me out the door for only $239.00
          Deep tone, ok fret finishing, and a ok preamp built in. Come on, $239!!
          You have to try out a few...sometimes they accidentally let one slip
          by thats finished well !:ROTF: But they can be found. I agree that most
          are thin sounding fret cutting duds. But every once in awhile... Score!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
            I'll be in touch Donald. Looking at June sometime. Wanna go to AC too...
            I'll take a Friday off and drive down and spend the weekend. Let me know what's good for you...
            June is a good time, the boat will be in the water, grill ready to go, keg tapped, AC is just down the road............ I gotta do some traveling in July/August (Guam, California, vacation somewhere, maybe Key West again ).
            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

If you can live without fretboard markers a used Elite Standard will typically be a great deal. They're identical to the Elites other than cosmetics and typically go cheap used. I've had one for years and love it.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

don't forget the Charvel 625C. No, it's not a round back, but the few I have played sounded good. Plus they can be had dirt cheap. $100 to $200.

Comment

?

Comment

Working...
                  X